Forester/Timber Buyer needed for Southern Michigan
Post Hardwoods Inc. is looking to hire a Forester/Timber Buyer for Southern Michigan.
Experience required. Compensation will be based upon experience and qualifications.
Primary duties include purchasing standing timber and cut logs. To secure and supervise subcontractors to cut and haul purchased product.
Skills/Qualifications: Organization, ed Independence, Integrity, Flexibility, Good Communication
Please send resume’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
Logging Harvester Operator
Full time, benefits available, experience desired, immediate start
Area: Northern Lower Michigan
Contact: Dean: 989-350-4225
Applicants for Forester Position in Grayling, MI
Metcalfe Forestry LLC is a forestry consultant business established in 2002 and is based out of Grayling, MI. We offer forestry consultant services to small and large private landowners, the MDNR, industrial landowners, and other forest consultants. We mostly cover the Northern Lower Peninsula but occasionally we work in the Upper Peninsula and in other states.
We are opening a full time forestry position for the right candidate who desires to work in the private sector with private landowners. The position is based out of Grayling, Michigan and will primarily consist of timber sale preparation work for private landowners, MDNR, and QFP & CFA management plans, inventory work as well as office work. Most of the work will entail timber marking, cruising, inventorying, GPS-ing, placement of harvest lines and timber sale administration. There will be a wide variety of forestry work in different locations. We typically work 40 to 50 hours per week; we pay hourly and we do pay overtime. We expect our business to grow with the addition of a new local pulp mill. New employees will be expected to sign a non-compete clause.
The compensation will depend upon applicant experience but is expected to average $28-$45K per year for full time employment. A company vehicle will be provided. 10 days paid vacation plus a flexible work schedule. There is a stipend towards health insurance and cell phone coverage. Metcalfe Forestry also offers an employee retirement plan.
Applicant must be:
- Skilled at tree identification, silviculture, compassing and pacing, timber cruising, timber marking, log grading, map reading, cover type identification, aerial photography use, GPS & data collection, property line location and placement. Word, excel, access, website, and Arcmap experience desired.
- Able to work alone with little supervision, must be self-motivated, well spoken, honest, and organized.
- Willing to work long hours in isolated rural areas under adverse weather conditions and be available for travel within and outside of Michigan.
- Able to pass the MDNR timber marking and cruising tests prior to starting work.
- Capable of hiking long distances through rough terrain, carrying up to 20 pounds and enjoy camping, and NOT discouraged with working in harsh & inclement weather, including temperatures as low as -30 F.
- Show a strong interest in wise, ethical forest management for a wide variety of landowner values.
- Able to maintain forestry field gear, including an ATV, truck, snowmobile, D-tape.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Applicant must be willing to live within a 30 minute drive from Grayling, MI.
- Forestry degree preferred but experience may suffice.
Please submit your applications by email or mail, including cover letter, resume and references. Please contact us with questions about this position.
Metcalfe Forestry LLC, Bryce and Susan Metcalfe 989-348-3596
402 Chestnut St. www.metcalfeforestry.com
Grayling, MI 49738 email@example.com
Call us for a list of local providers!