Established in 1974, view the Michigan Association of Timbermen Self Insurer’s Fund (MATSIF) is Michigan’s first group Self-Insuring fund for Worker’s Compensation. With assets over $27 Million, information pills the Fund returns surplus premium and investment interest income to eligible members semiannually. The Fund offers a safety program with loss control representatives to assist members with individual safety needs. Contact MATSIF at 1-800-711-7088 or firstname.lastname@example.org for membership criteria. For more information you can visit MATSIF at www.matsif.com
MATSIF allows members to control their own destiny and directly influence their workers’ compensation insurance costs. MATSIF members participate in programs and services superior to those available through the traditional insurance approach.
- Stability – For over 25 years, MATSIF has provided stable, competitive rates as well as an attractive premium discount policy
- Industry Specific – MATSIF’s specialized expertise means members are kept aware, informed, and up to date on forestry issues
- Loss Control Program – Loss control personnel are experienced in all areas of harvesting and manufacturing of wood products. In addition, their expertise in all aspects of the MIOSHA safety standards allows them to assist members with mandatory state safety standards
- Think Safety Program – A comprehensive employee safety reward system, Think Safety fulfills mandatory MIOSHA safety training requirements
- Refunds – Members receive refunds of surplus and interest twice a year
- Chain Saw Training – Sponsor of the Logger Safety Training Program
- MIOSHA Appeals – Assist members with the appeals process
- CPR/First Aid Training – MATSIF helps members schedule first time first aid and CPR training as well as recertifications
- Safety Video Library – The extensive library of safety related videos is available free of charge to members
- Forest Related Safety Apparel – Members purchase safety clothing, shoes, hard hats and first aid kits at cost
- Telephone Claims Reporting – “800 Rapid Reporting Number” allows for timely reporting of claims and allows for fast, effective processing of claims
- Owned and directed by its members – MATSIF strives to provide programs and services superior to those available through the traditional insurance approach. The teamwork and dedication of its members and staff assures continued ownership growth, which is the foundation for a comprehensive workers’ compensation program.
Call us for a list of local providers!